It's About Time...

31.7.04

Would You Look At the Time?

I awoke an hour and a half ago. I had my first taste of partying in NYC last night and woke up on the floor of a friend's effeciency in Brooklyn. When I 'came to' (with a thirst boardering on dehydration), I was vaguely excited to see what the city looked like early on a Saturday morning. After wrestling with the idea of going outside and risking waking the friend sleep seven feet from me, I decided to get up and go outside. And I'm glad I did. The city never sleeps, it's true, and I'm glad for it.

2 Comments:

  • At 2/8/04 17:38 , Blogger Lyzard said...

    FYI...

    The comment you referenced, wondering that I hadn't checked your blog, linked me to your blogger profile that does not have your blog linked. I didn't think I would have missed that.

    But I found it now. I just read the entirety of it and can tell you this, you never cease to amaze me. I have always known you were articulate, but I have never read your writing, aside from emails.

    It is truly a pleasure to read your blog. I must wonder if there is anything that you can't do well...

     
  • At 4/8/04 12:45 , Blogger Ruth said...

    Wow. A major compliment from one of my favourite writers. Thanks, Liz.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home