It's About Time...

24.3.05

Days Like These

I have a "substantive rough draft" due tomorrow at midnight, but I've given myself a deadline of tonight because it's a team project and I have to go to work tomorrow and wont have time/energy to work on it then. So, for me, it's due tonight.

The paper requires me to read resources that our Researcher already dug up, synthesize the information and write the paper. The topic: Technical Communication as it relates to globalisation. I can't think of a more dry topic. That's what I get for taking a course in technical communication: boredom. Ho hum.

I have printed out the three puny articles on the topic at hand. They're sitting just to my right, on the desk shelf just above the printer. I keep glancing down at them, considering picking them up and reading them, and then thinking of some other task that I could be doing instead.

I love days like these when I get everything else in my life that needs (and has needed) to be done while delaying what I HAVE to do now. Here's a list of things I've accomplished today, beginning when I woke up this morning:
  • woke up around 11.30 am
  • read the entire NY Times, cover to cover.
  • did the dishes
  • played with the cats
  • checked my email
  • ripped the new Ani official bootleg "Boston 11.16.03"
  • reviewed my resources for this paper
  • checked my email
  • went through my filebox and pile of papers cluttered in a corner in my bedroom, searching, supposedly, for paper to print the sources on, and cleaning out the filebox/pile while I was at it
  • found my tax information and W2 forms
  • searched for and found my graduation information
  • printed out the resources
  • checked my email
  • called UCF to figure out what degree I am earning in May (BA or BS or BAS?)
  • figured out which degree I am earning (BA) and ordered my graduation announcements online
  • work stuff
  • called The Girl
  • let the cats outside
  • tested the new airmattress and pump that We bought last week when we were expecting overnight guests (it works, fyi)
  • checked my email
  • prepared my taxes (!!!*)
  • called my mom to ask her a question about filing my taxes, let her know I ordered graduation announcements, chit chatted for a minute and finished filing my taxes
  • forwarded my mail from Orlando and New Jersey to here (again, 'cos it needed to be done)

And just when I thought I'd be able to sit down and work on it, Fizz and The Boy came to my rescue, showing up at the house with the cat condo and receptive to my offers of cake, food and company.

Everything I have done since I woke up this morning has been an attempt to procrastinate writing this paper.

But on the bright side, I've been über productive today. Rock.

*I've never EVER filed my taxes early. This is a relative miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home