It's About Time...

8.3.05

Some People Just Let You Down

I walked roughly two hours and easily two or three miles last night. In search of homeless people. I found a bunch of crack houses and a group of teenage boys huddled together, slowly walking up and down the same block repeatedly. And I saw one homeless guy getting onto a bus, but we weren't supposed to stop people in transit (because they're not from that neighborhood; skews the geographic distribution.)

YorkU* counted no homeless. As the night went on, I became grumpy about the fact that we were walking around in circles NOT counting anybody. What a paradox: I was disappointed because we didn't find anybody sleeping on the streets. Everyone in that neighborhood had a home. Damn it.

*Our group 'codename'

2 Comments:

  • At 9/3/05 00:54 , Blogger Bijtje said...

    Gha! You know what happened when i watched the news on tv around 6:45 this morning?
    They talked about NY and there search for homeless people!
    You know who i saw?:

    *drumrol please* MISS EG!
    You were on Dutch tv bitch!

     
  • At 9/3/05 07:25 , Blogger Ruth said...

    No way! Is the clip from the story online? I wanna see myself on tv! (I don't remember any camera crews near me.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home