It's About Time...

19.11.04

One of the Better Ones

I've been walking on air today. I came in about an hour late because I was on "official business" investigating a conference room at NYU for a panel discussion on homelessness my organisation is hosting. The campus is gorgeous, seated right across from Washington Square Park. Ah. It was lovely to walk around NYC during the mid-morning hours on a weekday.

Since I've been in the office, I've been out of my chair all day, which makes me happy because it hurts my back to sit here for hours and hours. I've been walking around the office, positively glowing, greeting all my co-workers, flirting with the new girl, laughing and joking and just generally being the part of me I am in casual settings. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact I'm wearing a t-shirt and jeans with big fat boots (always an ego boost for me, regardless).

Anyway, I've been receiving "I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the job" all day long, too. That doesn't make me unhappy at all; it's not nearly as depressing or difficult as I thought it would be. Quite the opposite, in fact, as it's nice to hear such persistent, "Well, I'm not going to like the new girl AT ALL" loyal comments from folks who are truly going to miss me. And I will honestly miss them, too. Ack. I know it's only been a month or so, but I feel I've left my prints behind me. And as sad as it is to leave, it feels good to leave a trail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home