It's About Time...

19.10.04

Oh, Look- Words!

Poorly formed and rhyming, but it's been so long since "poetry" has been in my head.

there are days when i know i will conquer the world
and that i'll do it on my own.
and there are days (and hours like these) that find me
more empty than alone,
when all the world is at my door and still
i cant answer the phone.

you cry out for me when i want you most,
which seems to be most of the time,
yet you withdraw from me, half-heartedly,
when i vaguely suggest you're mine;
logically, reasonably, "why?"
never crosses my mind.

ask me what i want and you'll get a maze of reasons
why;
but tell me what i want and you'll be firmly answered,
"goodbye."

5 Comments:

  • At 19/10/04 21:51 , Blogger Lyzard said...

    I don't think it's poorly formed at all. I rather liked it.

     
  • At 21/10/04 10:40 , Blogger Ruth said...

    Well, thanks. :)

     
  • At 21/10/04 11:01 , Blogger Bijtje said...

    poorly formed no, poorly written.. a tiny weeny little bit.

    You have misspelled the word "Conqour".
    It should be, according to my dictionary and the dictionary online and microsoft words, (yes, i do my research before i tell you, the girl with a degree in english and who speaks english, that you misspelled something) "Conquer".

    But other than that is beautifully written. :)

     
  • At 21/10/04 14:05 , Blogger Ruth said...

    Lady, I corrected it the moment you pointed it out. :)

     
  • At 22/10/04 11:45 , Blogger Craig Wilkey said...

    I think what you had to say and how you said it was beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home