It's About Time...

21.9.04

Honesty Is Punishable By Unemployment

I just applied on-line for a job at my local Blockbuster. The bastards. They asked me if I had even been reprimanded at a job for attendance problems. I thought it over, knowing the truth, considered lying, and then chose honesty. Then they asked if I'd even been fired for attendance problems. Again, I thought it over, knowing the truth, considered lying, feared the consequences of lying (being found out), and then chose honesty again.

Guess who won't be gettin' Blockbuster employee discounts anytime soon?

Back to the want ads...

2 Comments:

  • At 21/9/04 11:20 , Blogger anna j said...

    i didn't get hired when i applied at my mom's jewelry store because i had to take this honesty test (they don't want employees stealing things in a jewelry store) and i failed it because i was too honest. i feel your pain.

     
  • At 21/9/04 14:32 , Blogger Bijtje said...

    sometimes lying is good.

    and how should they found out? are they really that 'paranoid' that they are going to call your old job to see if you are honest?

    hmm... strange...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home