It's About Time...

10.9.05

Some other beginning's end

somewhere along the "drunk and high" line last night, i reasoned that part of my writer's block was due to my obsessive need to write, the pressure from which has caused me to dislike writing, thus creating writer's block. i happened upon this revelation while reading my old, old OLD posts from way back and deciding that, in fact, they were so much better than posts in recent months. those old posts came from a place of new beginnings, where i was just new to the world of online journaling and had only read one or two blogs. i remember being envious of my friends' abilities to write such well-crafted words without any pressure at all, and how much i wanted to do that, anonymously, of course.

i also thought of my friend c., who stopped blogging a long time ago and has found better, more creative outlets for her writing. she's also, i believe, is happier and healthier than i am.

my solution at the time was remove all of my Bookmarks and Links related to my and other people's online journals, in order that i don't feel the urge or pressure to write (what with my constant comparisons to my friends, y'know).

we'll see how long i can keep away from this journaling world. i have every faith i can do it; but the curiousity over what's going on in YOUR lives is strong.

goodbye for now.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home