It's About Time...

11.8.05

8/11/05

So, it's been a while and I thought you all should know: I'm going to Canadonia this weekend. There, I've said it; I feel no shame about it. I'm going to Canadonia for a marriage and no one can stop us. We're taking Jake with us and we're proud to have him along. We don't care who knows, though we had hoped you would be happy for us.

As for the work front, things are looking brighter; the programme coordinator is leaving the first week in September and she has nominated me to take her place. In fact, she is already training me on all the details so that, hopefully, it will be a seamless transition. The guys in the warehouse are a little weary about me taking the helm; they're not convinced I can take the wheel and "handle" the drivers (their main concern). True enough, I've been mostly quiet and meek here, but I'm starting to step out a little bit and am doing my best to show them what I'm made of and capable of. Methinks a sprinkle of gossip spread from the existing programme coordinator to the warehouse manager (the two supervisors in this programme) and on down to his guys will aid my reputation along and help boost their faith in me.

Anyway, it's still up in the air whether I will be handed this position. It doesn't make sense to hire outside the organisation for this, when I'll be completely groomed for the position, but then, it's not my decision to make. And I've been disappointed before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home